Friday 15 January 2016

Oldie Friday

I'm joining Erika for Oldie Friday this week. Blogger is playing up so apologies for the text first! Barb suggested that I should post my wedding bouquet this week. The first pic is my niece holding it on our wedding day 3 years ago. The following pictures are of it now, slightly crushed along with a buttonhole I made to match after I fished it out of the plastic box behind the sofa!
In reality it is still the same colour, just the artificial light is making it look pinkish. I decided I was going to make my own bouquet and this was the third or fourth attempt at trying different flower patterns ( I think this might have been a Lia Griffith one, but I can't remember) and different papers, book pages and patterned papers.
Eventually I decided to make it out of simple copier paper. I edged all the petals with a gold leaf pen and after the flowers were completed I sprayed them with Crafters Companion spray and sparkle in gold. There's still a patch of brickwork on the house that glitters! I added in little sprays of gems from eBay and loops of ribbon in similar colours to my neice's bridesmaid dress. I bound the wires together with florist tape and then wrapped around ribbon to make it comfy to hold.



3 comments:

  1. Wow Cara I love your bouquet. What a brilliant job, the edging of gold on the flowers really add to the effect.
    Thanks for joining me sharing an oldie today. Have a super crafty weekend.

    Hugs Erika. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is stunning! Lovely flowers with pretty ribbon details, a great oldie to share today.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you decided to show your bouquet Cara. It's absolutely stunning. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x