Tuesday 22 March 2016

All of a twitter...


Thank you for all the advice about the owls. As usual you were totally right and the cards have been left as they are.
Today's card was inspired by the way I had stamped the Owls on the scrap card to get the white bits I needed for the paper piecing.
I thought they'd look cute looking into a card. I used a 4x4 Kraft card blank and stamped them and the sentiment from the set. I'm loving colouring on Kraft with my spectrum noir pencils at the moment. I simply coloured them in and added some glossy accents to the eyes and beaks. In hindsight I should have used a white gel pen rather than a white pencil for their eyes to make them pop a bit more. Right, the weekly shop calls, have fun!

6 comments:

  1. What an absolutely super card this is. A wonderful idea and actually very funny too. I love it. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I love this Cara! So cute and those owls really pop out! The glossy accents add a perfect touch too!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cara, a gorgeous card love the little owls popping in, they look like they are peering in looking at something, perhaps a baby owl! I need to bust into my last craft supplies, no more shoping yet... just storage items with a few little extras thrown in since they are so so cheap.... have a great week... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another superb owl card with a super matching twitter sentiment. Love it. The idea of having the owls around the page is a great idea.
    Enjoy your food shopping it's the joys of ironing here, I know what I would rather be doing. ;)

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really fab card - and as a Twitter addict I absolutely LOVE that sentiment!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a totally fun card. I like the colours you have used with the kraft card as the backing. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x