Saturday 19 March 2016

Bunny love


Happy weekend everyone! Can I start off by thanking all my followers and those who leave comments, it really means a great deal to me. I've been off work since August and have only felt well enough to blog since January and I'm sure the wonderful blogging community has contributed to my recovery. You really are all wonderful creative and caring people.
Today's card was inspired by this one by Pen sunshinepen. I wanted to make a card for someone on the rabbit forum who lost her bunny suddenly and is going through a tough time generally. I used clarity stamping card and stamped and masked off the bunny and put a mask down for the moon. I cut a wavy cloud shape out of paper and built up the sky with a mini blender tool and distress ink. I did try using a smoothie but I discovered that the starlight paint was still clinging in the foam and the teeny tiny sparkle in the paint transferred to my distress inkpads, so they now sparkle! I used a torn bit of copier paper and the same technique to add the land. I stamped in a few grasses from the wee foliage set in black and a branch across the moon and a bit of shadow to the moon. To add a bit of shimmer I added some clear wink of Stella to the moon. I die cut and layered it up and stuck it onto coredinations card with foam tape and stamped the sentiment from lili of the valley.
Now, I know I've bored you to death about last weekend, but I unpacked my apron this morning and found my name badge on it so I have to share!

And finally another bit of crafting by someone else. I was lucky enough to be drawn out of the cup of chance on create and craft a few weeks ago when craftwork cards were on with cute bunnies and this arrived a few days later in the worlds biggest padded envelope, considering the card is about 5x5 and the envelope was A3!


9 comments:

  1. Aww your card is absolutely stunning and I'm so glad blogging helps you so much like it does for me too! Your work is always a delight to see and I love visiting :-)
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya - love your bunny card and thanks for mentioning me in your blog :) Fantastic card and it is wonderful how just one stamp can give so many different ideas.

    Happy crafting.

    Crafty hugs Pen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cara I love your bunny card, it looks as if it is sat waiting for a
    friend. The shading for the background is fab too.
    I am glad I am not the only one with unloved cross stitch projects!
    Fancy getting a card from Sue, how lovely.

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend, hugs Erika. x





    ReplyDelete
  4. Cara, beautiful card, your bunny looks as though he is contemplating life there. And what a cute card you got in the mail, well protected as it was. Clever idea with the bubbles for the bubblebath. Im glad to hear you are starting to feel better, the crafting world can make difference in our lives.
    I have made some wonderful friends out in blogging land and know that some days the comments on my cards are what helps me get through the day better. Take care of yourself. XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful bunny card Cara. Lovely scene.

    Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so lovely Cara. What a pretty little bunny scene and it works so well in the oval. I'm sure the person it is for will really appreciate your kind thoughts too.

    Your badge will be a super memento of a good weekend and the card you got from Julie Hickey is really sweet. What a lovely surprise that you won a bunny card. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a master at creating a scene with hills and clouds. Looks like you could rival Barbara Grey! What an amazing bunny card you created. It is stunning.
    That's a fab card that C&C sent too.
    Keep up the blogging Cara because it is a delight to visit here and see your beautiful cards.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cara, a beautiful card love the layers in the sky and land you created with ink, love the moon with the overhanging branch, a gorgeous card I'm sure your friend will appreciate it, have a great week... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, so now that I have found you and your talent for backgrounds, you need to teach me :) I love the bunny card. Don't stop blogging, you are a natural and I love seeing your work. Love the card you got from Julie, so lovely. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x