Thursday 2 June 2016

Sun and sunflowers


Phew, just managed to sneak in a quick card to end the day.
It's been a beautiful hot and sunny day here in Lancashire. I spent some time in the garden tidying up a couple of plants and hacking back the rhubarb that was trying to be a giant gunnera! I ended up composting some of the thicker stems as Hubby doesn't like it and my parents freezer is full of it! I've bunged some in the fridge and will stew it tomorrow. Working in the hot sun didn't help my drippy head, yay for showers! The bunnies are still miffed with me despite my offerings of dandelion and strawberry leaves. They made me laugh this morning. I called them in for breakfast and they wouldn't come inside the shed (they have a cat flap sized hatch into the run), eventually Parsley put his paws up on the hatch like a child at the ice cream van and grabbed his fenugreek crunchie off me, but Bramble wouldn't come. I looked out of the window into the run and saw Bramble running out from under their hiding step with a fenugreek crunchie. I think Parsley got mugged! I managed to give him another one later though.
Back to business after all that waffle. I made today's card with an lili of the valley image that I coloured whilst I was away and used a Spellbinders oval to cut out. I die cut the largest Spellbinders floral oval out of the middle of a 6x6 warm yellow cardstock and then used the rest to make a mat on my card base. I embossed Sue Wilson's heart lattice EF on White cardstock and trimmed to fit and assembled the card. Time for an early night methinks - I'm up to the start of today in blog posts now!

15 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful! Such a lovely image and gorgeous effective design!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Cara. I love all the texture and the flowers are so beautifully coloured I want to reach out and touch them, I wish I would remember to add that pale blue shadow around images..I laughed at the Bunny antics, I am with your Hubby, Rhubarb is foul. In response to Flower Monkey, yes the flowers are the freebie Altenew ones. I saw your comment about my desk..yes you are a bad influence..Read my post for WOYWW #364 :) Cx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, the vases look so realistic here, and the doily is super cool, what a lovely card Cara.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Cara.....love the sunny image and background.....
    Can you send some of the sun here to Suffolk please.....
    I used to have Rhubarb in my old garden...hate it!...its a 50s school dinner thing...I use to give mine to the W.I to make jam with...Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Cara.....love the sunny image and background.....
    Can you send some of the sun here to Suffolk please.....
    I used to have Rhubarb in my old garden...hate it!...its a 50s school dinner thing...I use to give mine to the W.I to make jam with...Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Cara, love that image and yellow is always cheery in a card!!
    Thanks for the inspiration,
    Shaz in Oz.x

    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Cara. I love the bright cheery yellow, and the fancy frame works so well to highlight your flower image. I can't believe you have a family of bunnies, I am completely jealous!! Pics?? hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cara, lovely card. When are we actually going to see your bunnies crafting LOl! I'm interested to see what type of art work they do! Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was amusing hearing that your bunnies give you the cold shoulder. Our dogs both used to do that too. A friend recently stocked me up with rhubarb yum!

    Your card is beautiful and some great colouring in. Barbxx



    Y

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooooer love rhubarb especially with custard. Gorgeous card Cara, beautiful colouring and I love the embossed background, great colours.
    Love the story of the bunnies, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Evening Cara what fun those little bunnies are real characters I a giggling just reading your tail

    Been hto here too oh and love your card

    X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful summery card, I love that embossing folder
    Sounds like your bunnies are great entertainment :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. My you have been busy. This is one lovely card! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. My you have been busy. This is one lovely card! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your colouring on this image is beautiful! My hubby's not mad for rhubarb but I love it, yummy! The bunnies do make me smile Karen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x