Thursday 6 October 2016

This is the last one about the album, honest!






Apologies for the blurry ones! I used Trimcraft First Edition "The Promise" 12x12 papers for the album and a mix of heartfelt creation dies for the flourishes etc and Sue Wilson Mr & Mrs dies for the text and the little joined hearts. Things I have learnt. 1) Start early when making a project like this. 2) The red heat embossing on the roses cracks and rubs off leaving a mark on pages, so probably best to use a coloured pigment ink and clear embossing powder, rather than cursing and having to stick on extra bling to hide the marks when you open it up the next day. 3) Don't order a custom size mdf box to put it in and then stick on bits so that they stand out from the top of the album. 4) If I have any more* bright ideas to do things like this, just remind me of the saga of making this please.
Right, an early night calls. Been struggling with my health recently and so haven't been up to visiting you all recently, but I still love you all and will visit as soon as I can x


*I bought two of the book kits, one in white, with the intention of making my own wedding album as well.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Cara,
    such a wonderful keepsake to celebrate your parents wedding anniversary.
    They must have been so overwhelmed by your wonderful work.
    I love every bit of this.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfection Cara! And, I was thinking, all those official colour photos would have been quite something back in the day. I was married a fair bit later but the bulk of the photos are black and white with just a few special ones taken in colour! Ha, or else I had an arty photographer of course! You really should be so proud of all your hard work. Wonderful results!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I have to say its an absolutely stunning creation and your parents must love it. Yes we never start early enough with these projects, so many ideas and things to go wrong but wow what a finish. you should be very proud of yourself as your parents would be. Take care of your health petal, always thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed looking at the album you created for your parents. It shows so much joy on their wedding day. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x