Sunday 31 December 2017

Snippets Make

I really wanted to join in the fun over at Di's Snippets Playground, not least because I'd heard that Parsnip was heating up mulled wine behind the treehouse!
I had a rummage in my small bits box (by that I mean small bits and not small box!) and pulled out a bit of silver mirri and some different bits of blue paper and card. I also had a rummage in my stamped and cut but not used bag and came across a huddle of penguins (is that the collective noun for them? Not a clue here) which I think are Mama Elephant Artic Penguins. 
I cut the bits of card into curved strips to make hills (as I couldn't be bothered to excavate my dies and cut n boss) and glued them up to make a landscape. I then trimmed it with my guillotine to make a rectangle roughly 3x4 inches. I couldn't resist adding some faux stitching round the edges. I stamped the sentiment from an unknown stamp set (yep, my organisation is THAT good) in black archival ink and then added the whole panel on 1mm deep foam onto a 5x5 card base. I added the Penguins using the foam tape too and then used a fine embossing tool to make some skate marks in the silver mirri card to disguise the glue marks that had soaked in through the back.
I hadn't intended in adding stickles in the sky, but I needed to disguise a slight smudge next the the word year! Whilst I had the stickles in my hand I added some to the hills and ice. To finish I added some glossy accents to their beaks and feet. 
Thank you so much for your kind thoughts about Parsley, I still can't believe that I have lost two beautiful bunnies within four months, and especially as I'd only had Parsley three years, although we never really knew how old he was, as he was handed into the rescue as a stray. Fortunately, I have little Willow to cheer me up. She will be 6 months old at the start of January and so she is just old enough to be spayed and once recovered we can find her a new friend. She's certainly missing Parsley but is enjoying regular cuddles with me and I'm enjoying them too.

12 comments:

  1. How sweet your penquins look and having so much fun too. If they are in the water they are known as a Raft. Happy New Year wishes and a Crafty 2018 to you. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Cara, love the different layers for the landscape
    Hugs Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cara, lovely card, it's so sweet. pleased you've been having lots of cuddles with little Willow. Wishing you and your Hubby a New Year filled with Health, Happiness and Kindness, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable card design Cara, best of the New Years to you.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Cara - and on land a group of penguins is often known as a 'Waddle' of penguins. How apt eh! Really sorry to read about Parsley - very sad.

    Here's hoping that 2018 is a happier year for you - with a new little companion for Willow.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card and glad to know I am not the only one as organised as I am. I have spent a fruitless morning looking for a stamp set I am sure I have, since I even have the dies. Yes thats right I have the dies but for the life of me I am sure I saw the stamps at one stage yesterday and then when I decided it was time to use them they have disappeared and after 4 hours of reorganising and sorting I give up. I obviously don't have them. They are a figment of my imagination and I bought the dies because I am an idiot.
    But back to your card I love your penguins and the wonderful background that looks spectacular even though you didnt use a die to achieve that look. Wonderful card.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute and adorable card and love how you've done the background x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought I'd already commented on this post, but there's no sign of it. I must have had a Senior Moment and forgot to press 'Publish'! Adorable card, Cara. I love how you've done the background for these cute little penguins. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this Cara...love the background and the sweet images....Happy New Year to you and your Family....Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry to hear about Parsley. Hoping 2018 is kinder to you & that you find a lovely new bunny companion. I'm sure Willow is enjoying the extra cuddles.
    Cute penguin card.
    Hugs, Sarn x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Cara, glad that Willow is soothing your soul a bit. Hoping that later this year you'll find another Bunny to give your love and kindness too, like you have always done. It's not easy being a furry parent. Your description of how you created your card made me smile.. your card proves that you don't need to organise to create beautiful things. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is lovely Cara, perfectly Christmas and a really great use of snippets too.

    There are multiple names for lots of penguins on land, as Di has said they can be called a colony, a rookery or a waddle (that's my favourite name for them lol), or a raft when there are lots of them in the water. I love stuff like that, lol, I have geeky tendencies Karen xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Please ignore any requests to prove you're not a robot and just press publish. Cara x